Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Coming Attractions and Shameless Plugs

My new book, Worlds of Sound: The Story of Smithsonian Folkways, is coming this fall from Smithsonian Books/HarperCollins. It's the story of Moses Asch (see my entry, "Stereo Is A Lie," below) and how he singlehandedly preserved all the sounds of his time . . . and more. Over the coming months, I'll be posting more about Moe and Folkways Records as well as my relationship with him.

Meanwhile, for my concertina friends near and far, I'll be posting some of my history of the English concertina, along with interviews and photos. This will be squeezed out over the coming months. (Sorry for bad concertina humor, but that's all I got left at this time of day.)

So keep watching this space. I promise to have something new and exciting up soon.

No comments: